HOW SAFE IS DRINKING TAP WATER IN THE US?
How safe is drinking tap water in the us?People are aware that water safety is incredibly important to health, but most of us do not think about the water quality. We turn on a tap, fill a glass, and drink. This is no exception in many households of the United States – over 1 billion glasses of tap water Americans drink each day. Before you take a gulp of water which just gushed out of your tap, how do you know that the water is free from disease-causing organisms? Is the tap water you’re drinking safe or would filtered water be safer? What can you do if your tap water suddenly became contaminated?
Is US Tap Water Safe to Drink?Before deep-diving into this topic, the general answer is “yes,” as most tap water provided by local municipalities in the US is of a high standard. However, according to a recent report by the Natural Resources Defense Council, if you live in the United States, there is nearly a one-in-four chance your tap water is either unsafe to drink or has not been properly monitored for contaminants in accordance with federal law. Here is a summary from the report:
- A quarter of Americans drink tap water that fails safety standards
- All 50 states have water systems which violate the Environmental Protection Agency’s Safe Drinking Water Act
- In 2015, there were 80,000 safety violations affecting 77 million people, and few had enforcement action
- The most at-risk for having a contaminated water supply system are those in rural areas, where the tap water has high levels of lead, nitrates, arsenic or other pollutants
- The states of having most contaminated tap water include Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Georgia, Washington, Ohio, California, Arizona, Kentucky, Wisconsin, and Maryland
Benefits of Using a Refrigerator Water Filter：
- Getting and installing a good quality water filter in your fridge is much cheaper than other forms of water filtration system, but also has the added bonus of making sure you have access to chilled purified water whenever you want it.
- A good refrigerator filter removes impurities while also providing you better smelling and tasting drinking water or ice directly dispensed from your refrigerator. If you live in a hard water area, it is also a great benefit to cut down limescale.
- Compared to other water filters, fitting a filter in your fridge helps to save space in your kitchen. Plus, it is usually very easy to install and do not require any plumbing work.
- Getting filtered water directly from the fridge also has the added benefit of having a longer filter lifespan when compared to pitcher or faucet water filters.
CF5 crystala filters：Pricing ~ $42.99 Features ✔️ Clean and healthy water for cooking and drinking ✔️ Reduces most contaminants, including lead, mercury, chlorine, pesticides, and more. ✔️ Efficient filtration with coconut-based carbon block ✔️ Compatible with Whirlpool, Kenmore, Kitchenaid, Maytag, Amana & Jenn-Air refrigerators ✔️ 6-month lifespan ✔️ Easy and fast replacement and no tools required ✔️ IAPMO and NSF/ANSI certified